Friday, September 30, 2011

Cook Book Renovation Part III

Warning: Repurposing a cook book can do strange things to a body ...


It's not too easy on ink pads either.

Apparently, ink pads aren't fond of being dragged upside-down across a page. Who knew?!?


It's been a quite a process, but I'm beginning to see what Grandma's cook book is going to look like when it's done.

Note that this picture has all the essential elements: Dried flowers from Gram's yard, the list of her most-used recipes that my mom wrote, said recipes torn and ready to glue, the book, and of course, a small handful of brown-bottomed candy corn. Everything's better with brown-bottomed candy corn!
I've finished inking and modifying all the pages. Most of the recipes are glued in. I've since been given a few additional recipe cards with popular family recipes that Gram wrote as well.

These two pages are some of my favorites so far. I mod-podged the flowers and an old grocery list of my grandmother's onto the page. I intentionally didn't make it super smooth. I like the slightly rumpled look. It matches the old pages well.

The Girl CreativeLinking up with:
At The Picket Fence
French Country Fridays
Pity Party Friday Link-up
Stuff and NonsensePhotobucketTidy Mom
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20MondayUndertheTableandDreamingJust a Girl Linky Party
Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime
One Project At a Time
Mondays @ All Things Fee!Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party


Tip Junkie handmade projectsConfessions of a Stay At Home MommyPhotobucket











































21 comments:

Colleen said...

This is a very sentimental idea, I really like the results!

Pam said...

This project is definitely worth the red hands! I love it and it will be a fun keepsake.

Sarah said...

Fun project, very creative! Thanks for stopping by Our Pumpkin and Sweet Pea. :-)

Karima said...

What a messy but fun project. Your newest follower, karima (ps sorry if this is repeat blogger playing up!)

Jamie said...

Hi I'm a new follower from Cure for the Common Monday.

This project looks awesome!

Please feel free to link up to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop!

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Well and wonderfully done! It will be so meaningful when finished.

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Pam!

Jaymie said...

Sarah, thanks so much for visiting here as well!

Jaymie said...

Karima, thanks so much! I've tweaked the comment form. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

Jaymie said...

Thanks for the invite, Jamie! I linked up this post. So glad that you're here.

Jaymie said...

Thanks so much, Ann!

Chef in Training said...

this is awesome! I love it! I would love it if you would come share this and/or any other projects at the Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Thanks so much and hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com

Jill said...

The cookbook is looking beautiful! Really starting to take shape now!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

Thank you so much for joining the Make Yourself Monday blog hop!

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Seaweed and Raine said...

What a beautiful sentiment... AND you get to cook something that is probably scrumptious! :)

Jaymie said...

Nikki, thanks for the invite! I'd be happy to link to your party.

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Jill! I appreciate you stopping by. It's been fun linking to your party.

Jaymie said...

Seaweed and Raine, I'm glad that you like it. It's been so much fun to see it take shape.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Looks like you have been busy!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Courtney! It was fun.

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

This looks like a fun mess! Ha ha. What a wonderful book of memories this will be. Thank you so much for sharing at Savvy HomeMade Monday!