Monday, September 19, 2011

Tweezers Trauma ...

My tweezers fell into the toilet
Approximately one week ago.
My tweezers fell into the toilet
As my eyebrows were beginning to grow.

My tweezers fell into the toilet
And so it should be perfectly clear
That since my tweezers fell into the toilet,
My eyebrows have nothing to fear.

My tweezers fell into the toilet.
My husband does not get the trauma
Of my tweezers falling into the toilet
Or the resulting unibrow drama. 


Tweezers trauma is not actually unusual in my world, as you can tell from the poem above. (I wrote this poem back in 2008 when-- you guessed it-- my tweezers fell into the toilet.) At my house, tweezers tend to have a fairly short shelf-life. The only thing that vanishes more regularly is the dental floss (which is why I usually keep three or four containers of floss stashed throughout our home ... but that's a story for another day.) My current tweezers have lived rather a long and purposeful life. (I think that I've had them for two years now; they've not been truly lost once. They've even managed to avoid any unforeseen bathing that would render them good for nothing but the garbage ... ) It was inevitable that they should go missing. It was more inevitable that they would take this trip when my eyebrows were in DESPERATE need of some tweezer time. Ah, well-- I suppose it's time to buy another pair or two.

Linking up with:
Homemaker In HeelsPhotobucket




6 comments:

Mommy West said...

Hee, hee!

Adrianne said...

Hahahaha, I am so sorry, but I needed a laugh. I seem to have a bunch of tweezers... I think they go missing, and upon replacement turn up again. I'm up to like 5 pair now. Unless they are multiplying on their own... Shall I send you one? :)

Happy Friday and thanks for linking,
Adrianne

Jaymie said...

Adrianne, Thanks so much for having me! It's fun to link up. I'm glad that I could make you smile. Now at least I know where all the missing tweezers go ... Apparently they migrate to your house. :)

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

HAHAHA...I like it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

Too funny, thanks for sharing!! And for the reminder to tweeze my eyebrows! WAY overdue!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

P.S. Thanks so much for linkin up with us :))) We appreciate it!