Friday, October 28, 2011

Costume Parade ...

When we landed here, we happened to land in one of the few schools that I've seen that still does a Costume Parade. I LOVE it! The kids wear their costumes and make-up (no masks, weapons -- real or pretend, and no gore) to school, parade about, and then change into clothing they've brought from home. I realize that it doesn't help productivity, but as a kid, it was one of my favorite activities, and I'm thrilled that my girls get to experience it.


The girls were excited to have lots of opportunities to wear the costumes that their dad bought last year. They were just as excited to be able to have makeup.


L was rather upset when she first saw her makeup. "Mah-mmmm! It looks like a lion!!" I have to be honest and say that I was less than my most sympathetic self. "Would you like me to wash it off and just give you a kitty nose and whiskers?" That slowed the rising tide of upset. Thankfully, M knew just how to solve the problem ... "Your makeup will run off if you cry about it. I think it looks nice!" Magical drying of the fountain of tears ...

Luckily, M was thrilled with her makeup. She was unhappy that I didn't use as much Halloween makeup, but used real makeup instead on her eyes and lips until she saw the end result. Then she thought it was deathlike enough.


L's kitty face ... She's got huge eyes and the kitty makeup plays them up.


M's Bride of Darkness ...


2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the costumes! :-)

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Sarah!