Saturday, October 15, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Briana over at Babblings and More has given me the Versatile Blogger Award. I'm really excited about it. The ladies over at Babblings and More have a great blog. They've got some terrific ideas. I can't imagine anything more fun than running a joint blog with my sister. (Hear that, Laur?) It would be great if y'all head over and check out their site!


The rules for this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Send it along to 15 other bloggers and let them know that you've awarded it to them.

Seven Fantabulous Things About Me:

1. I'm a mom, a full-time student, and a part-time employee.

2. I'm an English Ed major, with a Psychology minor.

3. I grew up surrounded by brothers, but now I live in a home full of all girls.

4. I'm a little obsessive about writing. It's how I process things out. I have a couple of blogs, I write poetry here and there, and I keep a journal. I keep track of different things in each place. I'm not a great scrapbooker, but my kids should still have a pretty good record of our lives.

5. I love to cook, but it wasn't always that way. I once messed up Hamburger Helper. (That's how bad I was ... ) Fall baking is my favorite!

6. October is my favorite time of year usually. (This year it hasn't been so hot, but I'm hoping next year will be better ... ) I love the cooler air, the baking, the soups, and, of course, sweaters and cowboy boots.

7. I teach little kids to read. It's a pretty cool job. Better still, I'm usually home when my kids are.


Choosing who to give these awards to is always difficult. I truly enjoy all the blogs that I read-- or else I wouldn't bother. However, the fifteen bloggers that I've chosen are:

thoughts and random ramblings

Our Family Feil

Bobbie's World -- y tres mas

Blue Chateau Interiors

Chef in Training

Six Sisters Stuff

The Crafty Nest

Don't Blame Me I'm Just the Mom

Babblin Brooke

Be It Ever So Humble

Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom

Lee Family Adventures

outjunking

Project Queen

The Frosted Gardner










12 comments:

Mandy said...

Jaymie - thank you so much for thinking of me! You made my day :-).

Mandy
PS Loved the post "High Adventure..." you sound like my daughter! Cracked me up.

Babblin' Brooke said...

Jaymie, thanks so much! I've never received a blog award before... it's about time!!

Just kiddin'. I didn't even know there was such a thing. I guess I learned something new, thanks to you!

Jenna said...

just found your blog and its so cute!

itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Congrats on your blog award and thank you!!! I grew up with only brothers and always prayed for a sister. No luck! Though now I'm glad to have two girls of my own...who always fight. Maybe it's good I didn't have a sister. :)

outjunking said...

Congratulation on your award. Thank you also for naming me it's to kind.
Lisa

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Mandy! It was a pretty exciting day in our world. :)

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Brooke! I'm glad I could help you continue your education. :)

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Jenna!

Jaymie said...

Grumpy Grateful Mom, my sister is a WHOLE lot younger than me. It was definitely a blessing. We survived things still friends because neither of us were going through all the growing pains at the same time. :)

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Lisa!!

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Lisa!!

Steph said...

Just seeing this now. Thanks, Jaymie! You made my night. :)