Saturday, November 19, 2011

Growing Girls ...

In the past week and a half, L has grown an inch and a half. In the last two days, her sister has grown a half inch and at least one shoe size. As I'm looking at their shoes, the length of their Sunday dresses, and at M's floods, I'm trying to remind myself to focus on being grateful they are growing instead of worrying about the cost.

It's a blessing that they are healthy and well-nourished so that their bodies can grow. It's a blessing that their physical development is going as it should; and, of course, it's a blessing that in the next few years, at least one of them is likely to be taller than me and MAYBE one of us will be able to reach the top shelf WITHOUT standing on a bucket or a step stool. (Yup, we're classy like that ... For years, I wasn't able to buy a step stool, so I used whatever food storage bucket was handy. Now it's a habit ... )

It is fun to watch my girls growing up. It was a little strange yesterday and today when M leaned in for a hug and bumped me in the chin. Didn't see that one coming, but it was kind of fun. I'm so grateful that God chose me to be their mom.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Most of my kids have reached their full height. I miss those days when they were so excited to grow another inch. I miss their "littleness". Teens and young adults can be fun too.