Monday, November 14, 2011

Overheard: A Conversation Between Two Daughters ...

L (7 1/2 yrs): Somehow, this is what I imagine: When we die, I imagine us having to knock on a door and then someone lets us in and we walk into heaven. That's just what I think it will be like.

M's reply?

M (9 1/2 yrs): Wait ... So, L-- how do you think Mom will die? Old age? Get stabbed, or what?

(By the way -- if I have a say in the matter -- which I don't -- I'm pulling for a long and healthy life and going quietly in my sleep due to old age ... )

2 comments:

Quinn said...

What are you letting your girls watch? It made me laugh when I read it.

Jaymie said...

Ha, ha! I haven't been letting them watch anything questionable -- although they did watch The Princess Bride that day. Come to think of it, that's probably what led to the "stabbed" business. When Indigo Montoya yanked the dagger out, we talked about puncture wounds (don't ask; not really sure why that aspect came up ... )and how it's not a good idea to remove the object. Yup, now that you mention it, I'm fairly certain that's why M's comment was what it was ...