Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Some Amazing Ladies with Amazing Stories ...

I love to blog, and I love to read blogs. Some of the blogs that I most enjoy are the ones that approach life with brutal honesty -- you know, the blogs that share all the beauty, humor, sorrow, and even the fantastic flops and failures that are part of the human experience. Don't get me wrong ... I like the blogs that are always chipper and cheerful, where NOTHING goes wrong, but let's face it ... I was born with a klutz gene, and I regularly fall on my face, both literally and figuratively. The blogs that I relate to most are those written by people who also experience (and share) some of the challenges of life ...

Today, I wanted to share the blogs of three beautiful women who inspire me on so many levels. I hope that you'll take the time to stop by and read some of their stories. These three mothers rise beautifully to the challenges that they and their children face. All three have children with autism. Each has had to make difficult decisions; each has had to find a way to advocate for their children. There is a strength and beauty in their character that inspires me to try to be better than I am, to become more than I've thought I could be.

Melanie over at The Lutz Family Fun Page is an amazing mother of four beautiful children. As she's been presented with challenges in her children's lives, she has been proactive both in advocating for her kids and in seeking out resources that will benefit her kids now AND as they grow. She is one of the strongest women that I know, and I feel blessed to call her a friend.

Bobbie, who writes over at both A Dog 4 Deeds and Bobbie's World - y tres mas has been through more in her early years than most people that I know go through in an entire life. She has done amazing things with the challenges that she's faced. In advocating for her sweet son, she's had to leap hurdles that would have left me in tears. I love the brutal honesty with which she shares her stories. There are beautiful moments and true miracles, but she doesn't sugar coat the difficulties either. It's been lovely getting to know this cousin of mine better these past few years.

Tera has recently started a blog about her own journey with her sweet son. Branson's story has brought Tera her own set of challenges. Another cousin of mine, Tera has always been so cheerful and sweet. Even as a kid she is one of those people that was always just kind. She's quite a bit younger than me, and I am always amazed to see such strength and wisdom in one so young. (No, I'm not as old as Methuselah, but sometimes I feel like I've had enough life experience to make me so.) The love that Tera has for her children brightens my heart.

 

No comments: