Thursday, November 17, 2011

What happens ...



when you trap a child in the house for four and a half days?




They forget how to self-entertain.

Naughtiness! Oh, the naughtiness ...

Mutiny -- bath time is at the top of the "never again" demands. "LOOK at me! Do I look dirty to you??"

More mutiny -- blatant rebellion when told to get out of the tub.

Madness sets in ...
MAHHHH-MEEE, I can't get out of the tub, and it's a sad, sad story. Do you want to know why it's a sad, sad story? Because I'm too cold to get out. Wait a minute, that can't be a sad, sad story. Mom, how can being too cold to get out of the tub be a sad, sad story?
Do you know why I can't get out of the tub? Because I'm too cold!! (At this point, I pointed out that she'd just get colder then ... )

 MAHMMMM -- do you know what happens if I get colder? I stay in the tub. Do you know what happens if I stay in the tub? I get colder. What happens then, Mom? (Insert appropriate answer here.) MAHHH-MEEE, now repeat it back to me! (And then the cycle continues. It's like the song that doesn't end; it just goes on and on, my friend .... Yup, now I'll bet you are joining in the madness. Catching, isn't it?)
I'm trying to make my shadow disappear. Go away, Shadow! GO AWAY!!!!! WAIT! I love you, Shadow. Please stay with me shadow ...

MAHHMEEE -- I'm cold! I don't want to be cold anymore. (Me: Then get out of the tub ... ) On my list it says that I can't! (What list might that be dear?) No list! But I can't get out ... 





No comments: