Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dear World,

I'm serving notice; my ability to laugh at myself has been severely tried these last eight days. (I'm pretty sure that it's currently broken ... ) Between the zipper incident, the cement stair fiasco, missing the step at the mechanic's & giggling like an idiot because I was already so nervous, miraculously dumping my very large stack of music in front of the whole primary, forgetting to play the final verse of the opening hymn in sacrament meeting (while the chorister kindly waited for me to figure it out ... & waited ... & waited) and then being fabulous enough to apologize -- OUT LOUD -- before finally playing said verse, mangling the bass line of the closing hymn, and spilling the choir director's sheet music all over the peddles of the organ -- so that I got to figure out how to crawl around under the keyboards picking them up while trying not to expose myself to the already slightly shocked mature people nearby, I think that I'm done.

If you would like to avoid severe retaliation upon the next incident, I kindly suggest that you back off and let me breathe.

Sincerely,
Not laughing anymore ...

P.S. The smiley face shaped wounds on my right knee? Not funny ...

4 comments:

Quinn said...

Man you have had a rough time lately, sorry to hear that. Hopefully life gets treating you better.

Steph said...

I love that you have a sense of humor about it, even if it is cloaked humor. I hope life treats you better this week. :)

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Quinn! It always gets better. :)

Steph, thanks! Everything seems better if I can write and laugh about how comically horrible the craziness is. This week will be great.

Latter-daycrafters said...

Proud of you for keeping going. Crying is always an option but, then your nose just runs and you get a headache. :) Breathe and Move on. Hang in there. This too shall pass.