Thursday, April 26, 2012

Learning to make smoothies ...

I've always enjoyed smoothies, but it took me a VERY LONG time to add them into our breakfast rotations. I was laboring under the misapprehension that one can only create yummy smoothies if one has a recipe. So very wrong ...

Not long ago, I finally realized that it didn't matter so much. I decided to just start making these yummy drinks anyway. It's been a lot of fun! The kids like them lots, and I like that they're relatively healthy and filling. Today, we made a smoothie that surprised me with its deliciousness, so I wanted to make note of it here so I can find the ingredients again some time.

Straw-Melon Smoothie

Dannon Oikos Greek Vanilla Yogurt
Skim milk
Frozen strawberries (I used a bag that I froze using the sugar-pack method a while back ... )
Frozen or fresh golden honeydew melon
Wheat germ (optional)

Blend until smooth. Delish!!

No comments: