Sunday, December 2, 2012

Someday, I'll Manage Pretty Banana Bread ...

Today is not that day.

In all fairness, I do have to say that my banana bread always tastes fantastic. That being said, it always turns out just a little sad. You know ... missing corners, sunken tops, ... fairly sure you can begin to imagine the sadness that is my banana bread.

You might think it's the recipe, but my banana bread seems to fall out of the ugly tree no matter which recipe I use. Tonight is no exception. In addition to the usual sunken streak down the middle, when I took the bread out of all three loaf pans, I left the entire bottom layer of the bread in the pan ... on (er, I mean off) all three loaves. The plus side? I do have a whole bowl of super yummy banana bread chunks that the kids will love. The down side? Ugly banana bread and none of us are into bread soaked in milk. (*YUCK!!*)

While I would love to make just one or two loaves of picture perfect banana bread -- just to say I could -- I guess I'd rather have tasty bread. Here's to topless quick bread!

4 comments:

Liss Moon said...

Do you have glass or metal bread pans? I really like to bake with glass. And of course, grease and flour with abandon. Somehow me and baking get along well. I still turn out ugly food every so often though ;)

Steph said...

Aww, I totally understand! Mine is usually not pretty, either. I don't care, as long as it is devour-worthy. :)

Jaymie said...

Liss, I have glass pans. I grease them, but I've never tried flouring them. At least that would help get the corners and bottoms out. Even if the tops would still be wonky. Usually, baking and I are great friends, but there are one or two things that just never quite work out. Oh, well ... At least it tastes good. :)

Jaymie said...

Steph, at least it's that, right? Thankfully, it's always snarferific. :)

P.S. I like your new word. Hee, hee ...