Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Tidying ...

There's something I adore about the beginning of each new year. For some reason, it's a time when everything feels new -- not just the calendar, but every little aspect of my life. It's a time when I love to organize, sort, clean, and de-junk.

This year's been a bit tougher, since we all got the dreaded gombu that's been going around. Today's the first day that I've felt well enough to tackle some of my favorite, new year projects. It was worth the wait though ...

Some of today's happenings?

Got my run in. Frigid temperatures and icky air made it a bit more difficult, but I did it and still ran a mile and a half out of the two miles that I went.

Packed up all the Christmas stuff and reclaimed my corner ... (Fine, we did keep the poinsettia that was beginning to wilt. The girls decided that they'd like to water it, and it perked right up.) I even patched up a bunch of holes to paint over after my new semester starts. Yeah, it doesn't look super cute right now, but trust me when I say that it actually looks better than it did before patching. One of the perks of living in an old apartment ...


Reorganized and restocked a) the kids' snack basket, b) my snack basket, and c) the breakfast basket ... Life is just so much simpler when these things are in order. And, it's just easier to keep my own eating habits on track if I have healthy, pre-portioned snacks available for grab and go. The girls don't go all crazy with the afternoon munchies either. It's totally worth the twenty or thirty minutes it takes to set them up ...






I managed to help my daughter with her science project and feed the kids actual meals all day. The dishes and the laundry even joined in the fun. There's still a lot to do, but it feels nice to see a bit of a dent in the list of "To Do."

No comments: