Monday, June 15, 2015

One of my Favorite Things ...

This ...






It may seem like a silly thing, but really ... I'm in love. This little 1/2 cup disposable, reusable container has revolutionized my kitchen  ... and my food-related dealings with my children. They're stackable, the perfect size to be snackable, and just the right amount of most foods for the kids' lunches and my mealtimes. These little beauties are wonderful! (No, I'm not getting paid to say this, and nobody gave me anything for free. Ziploc doesn't know I'm alive, which is tragic really ... A care package of these little lovelies would make my day. I have boatloads already, and I still don't have enough. *sigh*) I adore the square shape; it's such an improvement over the round containers. These stack perfectly, and they remain upright in the fridge and the freezer. They even stack well in lunchboxes. No more lunchtime battles in our world. No more fighting about portion sizes. Having a variety of perfectly portioned snacks available has minimized and nearly eliminated any battles of wills over how much is fair. These little Ziploc containers have brought a little element of peace to my home, and, as a mom and a teacher of teenagers, peace is a highly-valued, very hot commodity.

No comments: